Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Civic Integrity Research team conducts rigorous, human-centric research geared toward safeguarding people and societies from harm across the Facebook Family of apps. While our team has a particular interest in the role of our platforms in elections across the world, our mandate also includes foundational understanding of the impact of the Facebook Family on societies more generally. We employ both qualitative and quantitative methodologies in our research to understand the situations in which the integrity of societal institutions may be compromised. Our research informs strategic product execution that addresses the vulnerabilities of our platforms and empowers people to defend themselves and their communities against activities designed to disenfranchise them in the civic sphere and beyond. In doing so, we cover challenging topics such as polarization, mobilization of violence, demobilization, online political expression, misinformation, harassment, representation and participation, and human rights violations, among others. For this position, we are looking for individuals with strong quantitative methodological training and experience, including methods for causal inference with observable data and design and analysis of surveys (including the integration of behavioral data), with an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights. The right candidates will have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, and will be excellent communicators, passionate about empowering people with online social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on protecting people and societies from harm and empowering them to engage in the digital realm.
- Work closely with Cross Functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding the ways in which users of the Facebook family of apps experience the civic world, and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed understanding
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments, align and efficiently execute critical insights and work with a large group of stakeholders
- Lead and deliver research share-outs to a cross-functional team to encourage empathy with and understanding of the Facebook experience for different segments, and identify clear opportunities Facebook can address to improve the experience
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Willingness to travel internationally (2-4 trips per year)
More Jobs From