Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Quality Assurance Lead to join our team. In this role, you'll play a key part in the quality of our software solutions in a mostly uncharted space: reverse logistics and subscription to physical goods. You will work in a collaborative environment alongside product managers, engineers, designers, and cross-functional team members to test features, verify product requirements are met, and ensure customers have seamless experiences across our systems.
What youll do:
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, and Design teams
- Manage the QA team and assist with planning and development of talent
- Participate in backlog grooming and sprint planning advocating for ticket estimates to include testing complexity and effort (functional & non-functional requirements)
- Review requirements, specifications and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Define, create, and run manual and automated tests based on tech/design specs, acceptance criteria, and user types.
- Continuously improve our existing testing framework
- Ensure compatibility across a broad range of device types and browsers.
- Coordinate testing activities cross functionally with multiple teams in an agile environment
- Produce regular reports and metrics on the status and quality of software releases
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance
- A favorite end to end testing framework like Cypress, Selenium, Nightwatch, TestCafe, Puppeteer, Travis, or similar.
- A good understanding of continuous integration and deployment processes
- A passion for delivering first-class software for customers and internal stakeholders alike
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- A proven track record of building and maintaining effective automated tests
- Experience with SQL and navigating databases
- Experience with writing clear, concise, and comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Experience using tools like Notion, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
- Experience with managing direct reports and multiple projects simultaneously
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Access to 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- WFH Stipend
- Monthly in-office massages, team events, and a monthly wellness stipend
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done