Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Manager, Trade to join the Global Public Policy Team. The teams mission is to lead Facebooks engagement with policymakers around the world. This person will support the Economic Policy team and work closely with legal, partnership, and extended policy verticals to advise Facebook product teams on policy matters related to trade and the digital economy.
In this role, you will assist in the formulation and implementation of the companys global trade public policy strategy, with a focus on digital trade. This role will also monitor and analyze trade-related policy trends for the company and relevant stakeholders, including matters relating to market access and cross-border data flows. This role will assist in advising Facebook's internal teams on our public policy strategy to help guide the development of products and services. Additionally, the Public Policy Manager will aid in the development of Facebook's positions in public presentations or closed-door policy briefings.
Candidates should be detail-oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about emerging trade-related policy issues, and have experience presenting to cross-functional partners. Candidates should also be comfortable meeting high expectations and prepared to guide, direct and execute quickly. The successful candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team working on policy and market access issues in the U.S. and abroad. International travel may be involved.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze trade policy issues affecting Facebook at the international, regional, and domestic levels
- Advise Facebook business, product, and regional policy teams on trade-related policy matters to support the development of our products and policy positions
- Articulate our trade-related policy positions in briefing papers and consultation responses
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders in the trade policy space
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Facebook on topics related to trade policy
- Identify changing business and regulatory trends and develop proactive trade policy strategies