Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Public Policy Manager, E-Commerce to join the Global Public Policy Team. The Teams mission is to lead Facebooks engagement with policymakers around the world. This person will support the Economic Policy team, and work closely with the companys Legal, Partnership, and wider Policy teams and advise Facebook product teams on public policy matters related to e-commerce to amplify the benefits that technology brings to commerce, trade, and economic empowerment.In this role, you will assist in the formulation and implementation of the companys global e-commerce public policy strategy. This role will also monitor and analyze electronic commerce policy trends for the company and relevant stakeholders. This role will assist in advising Facebook's internal teams on our public policy strategy to help guide the development of products and services. Additionally, the Public Policy Manager will aid in the development of Facebook's positions in public presentations or closed-door policy briefings.Candidates should be dedicated, detail-oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about emerging e-commerce issues, and have strong presentation and organizational skills. Candidates should also be comfortable meeting high expectations under quick deadlines and prepared to lead, direct and execute in order to get work done well and fast. The successful candidate will work closely with and support a cross-functional team working on e-commerce public policy issues, in the U.S., and abroad.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze e-commerce policy issues affecting Facebook and our family of apps at the international, federal, and state levels
- Advise Facebook business, product, and regional policy teams on policy matters as inputs to the development of our products and policy positions
- Articulate our e-commerce policy positions in briefing papers and consultation responses
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Facebook on topics related to e-commerce
- Identify changing business and regulatory trends and develop proactive policy strategies