Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook AIs mission is to advance the state-of-the-art in artificial intelligence through fundamental and applied research in open collaboration with the community. Our work covers the full spectrum of topics related to AI, including deriving knowledge from data: theory, algorithms, applications, software infrastructure and hardware infrastructure. We actively engage with the community through publications, open source software, participation in technical conferences and workshops, and collaborations with academia. Facebook AI researchers and engineers work from our offices around the globe.Facebook is seeking an experienced Program Manager to develop content, manage rollout of projects, and help drive effective communications and collateral for the Facebook AI organization. This role will partner closely with a large cross-functional team including engineering leadership, product marketing, program management, researchers, and engineers, as well as external partners across organizations in industry and academia. The ideal candidate has experience creating content and build awareness and engagement for a technical product or audience.To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating your work to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, self-motivated and demonstrate creative and critical thinking capabilities to help the team be more efficient.The right candidate will be a strong communicator, passionate about fundamental research, comfortable with ambiguous environments, can move fast, bring people together, and focus squarely in advancing the science forward.
- Establish and scale collaboration programs, including being the lead on internal organizational content and information
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with researchers on the Facebook AI narrative and on strategic thinking with VP and Leadership team
- Drive the development of simple tools and processes to provide ongoing tracking of progress & key milestones
- Provide coordination support and improve collaboration among scientists working on similar areas
- Increase awareness of research progress internally across FAIR leaders, AI org and the company at large
- Help scientists and engineers with planning, prioritization and risk management
- Partner with research and engineering leaders to organize key workshops & events
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, coordinate multiple parties and alleviate bottlenecks
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between research and teams
- Establish strong working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck and managing cross-functional engagements