Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger Design Systems is responsible for making the Messenger app sustainable, fast, high quality, and easy to use. We do so through our Messenger Design System which encompasses anything from our component library to our visual systems, with the goal of delivering an exceptional user experience to people using Messenger.
We are looking for an experienced Production Designer with high craft, attention to detail, and superb organization skills to support our product design team across various design initiatives. Production Designers partner with Product Designers to evolve Messengers component library, templates, and design tools. Production designers ultimately enable Designers to ship high quality products and deliverables.
You will primarily work alongside Designers, Engineers, and Marketing to ensure that designs are consistent and cohesive across our ecosystem.
- Organize and maintain a large library of design files
- Create, revise, and maintain individual component files
- Provide detailed design specs for components
- Explore new variants for existing components
- Update and maintain design system Master Sheets
- Regularly communicate documented component updates to internal groups
- Create, organize, and assign tasks (passing design specs to engineers, updating our component library, etc.)
- Troubleshoot issues with design files (layer structure/organization)
- Provide help/guidance in relevant internal feedback groups
- Conduct extensive design audits (iOS/Android, screenshots/video recordings)
- Create Keynotes for workshops and presentations
- Closely follows directions and works within established product/department guidelines
- Works quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality