Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchios New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $472 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek, Fidelity, and Almanac
About the Role:
Product Managers at Bowery create technology strategy, steer our technology teams as they execute the plan, and manage the ongoing lifecycle of products weve deployed. The stakeholders are many and varied. Each need will require a well-formulated business case that comprehends effort, returned value, and prioritization amongst competing interests. Well-documented returns will drive the pace of investment for the BoweryOS team. The BoweryOS team spans the disciplines of software, hardware, analytics, and machine learning to provide solutions across the business. Our technology products are central to how Bowery operates and improves with focus areas in Automation, Agriculture, Commercial, and Work Management. Product Managers work cross-functionally alongside the BoweryOS team technology team to facilitate the strategy for the creation and ongoing support of the Bowery Operating System and beyond.
What You'll Do:
- Working cross-functionally with engineering, data science, farm operations, farm development, agricultural science, marketing, finance and sales to determine function and priority of new and existing applications
- Develop methods and systems for rapid prototyping
- Lead iterative development of existing applications
- Engage directly with stakeholders on the ground in our production farms and R+D facilities
- Responsible for launch of new products which includes ensuring a smooth handoff and continued enablement of products to other teams within the company
- Own the intake process for requests and feature ideas related to BoweryOS development.
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the capabilities of our Farms and supporting operations.
Who You Are:
- You have a keen product intuition and an empathetic design sensibility, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of who you build for.
- You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; they possess a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- Youre comfortable managing in all directions - up, across, and down
- Youre confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
- Hardware and Machine Learning product experience a plus
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowerys produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.