Product Manager - Data Science
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simons platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simons unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Product Manager, Data Science at Simon Data you will guide our suite of predictive products from problem through idea and implementation to delivery and success. You will be responsible for closely consulting with clients to match our predictive marketing solutions and data science capabilities to solve business problems. In this role, you will identify common use cases that can be fulfilled with one or more of our self-service predictive products and provide education to the client on best practices. In other cases, you will recognize broader business problems needing specific analysis, and collaborate with engineers to craft the right solution. This position requires a deep understanding of data science and machine learning, combined with the desire to be close to clients and evangelize how Simons predictive capabilities can transform their business.
In this role, your typical day might include leading a conversation with clients to understand their business problems and to educate them about the value of Simons predictive solutions, collaborating with members of the engineering team to guide the development of a new product feature, using SQL and data analysis tools to explore data, and presenting the results of an analysis to the executive team.
You are the right person for this role if you are a skilled communicator; love to work closely with clients, engineers, and executive leadership; can translate the technical language used in creating predictive products to highlight the value for the end user; and are adept at handling multiple responsibilities. If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOULL DO
- Work closely with customers to understand pain points and use cases
- Identify ways that Simons predictive products can help a client achieve their business goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a product vision and incremental improvements, including considerations and tradeoffs
- Define and lead product initiatives that use data science and artificial intelligence to solve important problems for our clients and drive increased value through the platform
- Define a path to delivery that includes identifying blockers, dependencies, and risk factors across engineering, design, and customer success
- Communicate project progress across the company to key stakeholders
- Build internal documentation, support material, and marketing collateral around product specifications and capabilities
- Provide product education both internally and externally
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to ensure client success
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years product management experience, preferably in the B2B / SaaS market
- 2+ years experience developing solutions that use artificial intelligence
- Bachelors degree
- Statistics / Mathematics / CS education is a major plus
- Must feel comfortable (and enjoy!) working with data; high degree of proficiency with Excel, and Tableau, Looker, or other BI tools; proficient with SQL and jupyter, R, or other data science tools
- Excellent communication skills. Be comfortable talking with customers, partners, and executives, both in-person and remote. Write clearly and succinctly. Listen well.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.