Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking a Product Designer to join our Design Operations team! You will help evolve Cedars existing design systems, iterate on our component library in Figma, and document design patterns. You will partner closely with designers and engineers from other product areas to align on existing and new design system needs, track statuses, and communicate updates. As part of the team, you will also help build new methods and processes to elevate design at Cedar and streamline the design and development process.
Our ideal candidate will do more than just push pixels; this person will help move metrics that matter to our company. They will put patients first by understanding their behavior, and apply this empathy to craft meaningful solutions. Additionally, this candidate will be a strong systems thinker that will solve to scale a world-class experience, one patient at a time.
- Maintain, support, and evolve the current design system and its patterns
- Build documentation to ensure quality output and consistency across products
- Communicate and share design system updates to the design team
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product partners to work towards solutions that scale
- Research and institute standard methodologies to improve our design systems
- Work with engineering partners to build parity between design and code within the context of the system
- Advocate for the design system with product teams and across the organization
- Execute visual mockups and sketches to support strategic projects on the design ops team
- Promote accessibility best practices and inclusive design solutions
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of product design, visual design, interaction design, or equivalent internship experience
- Detailed oriented with proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details within a design system
- Optimally drive consensus and agreement of design decisions
- Proven presentation skills and ability to clearly communicate your point of view
- Positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- Experience with accessibility and WCAG requirements
- Proficiency with Figma
- Motion design skills
- Familiar with HTML/CSS
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Remote work flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Product Designer roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.