Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Privacy Strategic Programs team is responsible for standing up cross-functional programs to respond to privacy regulatory requirements as well as building a long term approach and strategic framework to meet the privacy regulations expectations over the next 1-3 years. This team directly reports to the Chief Privacy Officer and works on highest priority initiatives within Privacy for the company. This role will focus on driving the cross-functional strategic and operational execution of large, company-wide privacy initiatives in order to ensure Facebook is meeting its regulatory priorities, while driving transformational change related to the privacy and protection of its users across the ecosystem. This is a highly visible role that works daily with leadership, including executives at the company. The successful candidate thrives in an ambiguous, cross-functional environment and wants to solve big, hard problems more than anything else. They should be able to learn a new product, regulation area extremely quickly and excel in knowing when to lead or support a cross-functional team and bring out views from all disciplines in order to inform one strategic plan. They need to be a system thinker, who is highly organized and can simplify complex problems into actionable plans. While this role is not technical, it requires a keen interest in and aptitude for understanding how our platform is constructed, and the ability to dive deep into a technical feature in order to educate the right parties. Similarly, the right candidate will also be intellectually curious and build familiarity and fluency with legal requirements in the areas of privacy, data protection, and security.
- Design strategy and drive execution and operationalization of the company-wide privacy implementation program.
- Work with legal, privacy and product leadership (including FB Executives) teams to ensure the cross-company work on regulatory priorities is planned, implemented and executed in an efficient & effective manner.
- Prepare communication materials and progress tracking for multiple audiences including supporting material for FB executives and its Board of Directors.
- Create mechanisms for identifying and monitoring updates, milestones and roadblocks on privacy work and ensuring leadership is aware of status and progress.
- Drive greater consistency of process, practices and execution across company-wide privacy workstreams.
- Align necessary cross-functional business strategies to ensure success in operational execution.
- Champion the overall implementation plan related to FBs FTC Consent order (and similar Privacy directives, both current and future) including deeply understanding order requirements and associated technical and operational work required across the company to comply successfully.
- Project manage and prioritize work based on urgency and complexity while building operational cadences across technical and operational teams to coordinate work.
- Set priorities, multi-task and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace.