Veeva develops cloud software that helps the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company, so you can connect with teams in our New York City office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our NYC Analytics engineering team, you will be responsible for building out next-generation systems and processes that allow us to ingest advertising data and prepare it for health analytics at an ever-increasing scale.
You will be both a core contributor, advisor, and mentor as we tackle difficult technical challenges and continue to grow the size & scope of both the group and the services offered to the business.
What You'll Do
- Take the lead on the development of new systems that handle the processing of billions of data points across multiple dimensions against strict SLAs with the Analytics users
- Be responsible for the technical design, architecture, and implementation of major system components
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineering, product management, and other engineering groups based in NYC, Tel-Aviv, and Minsk
- Keep up to date on emerging technology solutions that impact the data and cloud computing domains, in particular on AWS
- Provide technical guidance, support, and mentorship for members of the team and others in the company in your areas of expertise
- Actively work to develop technical and soft skills through training, event attendance, accreditation, and industry knowledge
- 10+ years of hands-on, directly relevant, software development experience
- Proven experience building products in Big Data and distributed computing
- Experience designing cloud-first solutions with AWS technologies
- Technically proficient in: Java / Scala, Python, Spark/EMR, Relational Databases / SQL, Linux, Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working in an agile environment on enterprise products
- Experience in hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- College degree in Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering, or a similar technical field
Nice to Have
- AWS Associate Architect or Developer certification. Professional or Specialty is a big advantage
- Proficiency in some of the following technologies: Apache Airflow, RDBMS: MySQL, AWS Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Data Engineering: Warehousing, Data Lakes, ETL/ELT, VC/CI/CD: GitHub, Jenkins, PyPi, ECR, TerraForm, AWS : S3, RDS, Lambda, EC2, EKS, VPC, SQL, SNS, ELB, CloudFront, RESTful interfaces
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement
- Allocation for continuous learning and development
- Private roof deck and flexible working space
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.