Office Tour Photos
The Cloud Continuity for Azure team enhances and maintains the software powering the SIRIS and Alto business continuity and disaster recovery products (~80,000 devices deployed across all 7 continents). In a nutshell, these BCDR products are appliances that take block-level backups of physical, virtual and public cloud based Windows machines, transforms them into raw disk images, and then stores the resultant images in a local ZFS-based disk array. The devices also provide secondary backup by offsiting to the Datto cloud. In the event of a disaster, our customers can then restore these backups in a variety of formats including local or remotely hosted virtual machines, iSCSI targets, Samba shares, or use them to provision replacement physical hardware. The same software powering these devices is also packaged as a virtual appliance which can integrate directly with our customers virtual environments. You will be working on the Cloud Continuity team to enhance and optimize our BCDR solution to run in Azure and protect Azure based virtual machines.
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented or functional programming using languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C++, or C#
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with automated provisioning, orchestration and deployment of applications in Azure
- Interest in optimizing and refactoring legacy applications to function natively in a public cloud environment
- Deep understanding of auto-scaling applications in the public cloud
- Experience integrating applications in Azure with applications running in a private cloud
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience developing automation of VM environments, preferably using VMware ESX and Hyper-V APIs
- Knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI)
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Experience debugging low-level Linux issues
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Thrive in an agile fast paced environment
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From