Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna's Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, were pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, youll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
- Provides strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
- Acts as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Establishes analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Manages highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
- Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
- Anticipates and solves strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Provides guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
- 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Superior skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Expertise in advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Expertise in innovating and implementing novel machine learning techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge on health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
- Demonstrates advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
- Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Masters degree or PhD preferred.
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.