Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating and effectively monitoring these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm's business model or data. That's where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Enterprise Technology, we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding customers' needs, we believe we are positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
As a Pre-Sales Engineer you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the Americas region. You'll join our global team, responsible for technical strategy, consultation, and multi-product workflow design of commercialized solutions. You will be the main point of contact for engaging our clients from initial discussion, to formal proposal and closing contracts. Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products by collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions. While you should be comfortable with technology in general, coding skills, data transforms, and setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements.
This role will engage with our sell-side clients and interface internally with colleagues across a variety of different sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of technology driving the Capital Markets industry. In addition you should have a very good understanding of sell-side work flows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our sell-side businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Achieve pre-sales metrics in collaborative sales engagements
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of different business units
- Respond to RFP's, building Statements of Work (SOW) and creating formal sales proposals
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products advantages
You'll need to have:
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Working knowledge or experience with FIX, MQ, SFTP, HTTP and SWIFT protocols as well as a demonstrable skill-set encompassing technology
- Highly proactive and confident in sales approach and strategy
- Broad asset class coverage understanding, especially around fixed income
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel in the US and Canada
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From