Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Policy Communications Associate Manager to join it's Security Communications Team. This team is part of the broader Policy Communications organization at Facebook. In this role, you will support our cross-company information security efforts in developing and executing communications programs from scratch. You will be a vital in helping us tell the story of our work to secure elections worldwide and protect people from new and emerging threats.
The ideal candidate is passionate about security and translating complex security ideas and innovations to both technical and non-technical audiences. This is a hands-on, fast-paced role for someone who can easily build and execute creative and bold proactive programs independently, quickly assess risks and stay calm in crisis situations, and work effectively with journalists and high-level executives. Experience managing a large volume of incoming press inquiries while delivering on proactive long-term priorities is essential. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
- Build and execute proactive communications programs for press, policy makers, and other groups that highlight the work Facebook does to protect our community and company.
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of time-sensitive issues with high stakes and visibility.
- Develop and pitch stories to a range of press, including technical security, business, policy, and consumer reporters.
- Prepare messaging and other external materials such as blog posts, talking points, and videos.
- Partner closely with executives to create successful communications outcomes for interviews, panels, and other external engagements.
- Directly manage communications for product launches, policy issues, and other announcements.
- Work with our global Product, Engineering/Infrastructure, and Public Policy teams, along with others around the company, to build, understand, and communicate corporate and product security technology and policies.
- Represent the Communications team in a wide range of internal, high-impact discussions.