Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Do you have an almost obsessive attention to detail? Do you like putting puzzles together quickly and helping leaders solve problems? Do you like working with messy data from lots of sources and in lots of forms? Do you want to help the Engineering, Product, Infrastructure and other technical organizations at Facebook grow and thrive for years to come? If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work and our ability to accurately manage headcount and team data for Tech. The Mission Control team is a group of people at Facebook responsible for workforce planning and headcount for the technical and product teams. We are looking for a Planning Services Specialist to support our Planning Program Management team in their day-to-day workforce planning and headcount management activities.
- Work closely with the Mission Control Planning Program Managers to support day-to-day activities, headcount planning cycles and large-scale organizational changes
- Manage headcount issues and support inquiries from internal stakeholders
- Identify gaps and autonomously drive projects to streamline and improve current processes
- Assist Hiring Managers, Recruiting & HR with headcount reporting and headcount management inquiries
- Enforce and evolve headcount change management policies
- Maintain data integrity of positions (cost center, manager, talent profile, location, team assignments, etc.) via approvals and audits
- Work with data infrastructure, tooling and process teams to triage data-quality issues and drive long term improvement of data quality
- Exercise good judgment and, when unable to resolve issues, proactively raises risks and concerns to lead/manager
- Work directly with partners without supervision