Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
Were looking for a People Research Scientist to join our people analytics function. Our team uncovers data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Facebooks most important asset our people. This role will serve as an active partner with HR and functional leaders to perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: to optimize employee attraction and selection, performance, growth, engagement, diversity, compensation, and retention. Youll also help develop and refine people processes to make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
This is a 2 year position based in Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY (preferred).
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, data science and data visualization to help Facebook recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Partner with the HR, recruiting and diversity teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to drive improvements
- Bring together Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand people issues
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate effectively with the Employment Law team on a variety of sensitive projects
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other team members
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
More Jobs From