Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $30M in revenue, with annual revenues in excess of $10M.
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Current and past clients include Blackstone, Boeing, KKR, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Business Roundtable, Governor John Kasich, Congressman Conor Lamb and Republican Voters Against Trump.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role:
As a Recruiter & People Operations Generalist , youll work closely and collaboratively with other members of the People team and play a key role in supporting all processes across the employee lifecycle. Youll help facilitate employee onboarding, lead engaging culture initiatives and recruit for key roles throughout the organization. Were looking for someone who will thrive in a collaborative environment where theyre asked to wear many hats within an exciting and growing company.
What Youll Do:
- Partner with hiring managers to execute a full-cycle recruitment process for certain roles; source, screen, interview and hire candidates while ensuring a world-class candidate experience.
- Create, facilitate, and support approaches to building a strong, dynamic company culture--including the planning of company events and effective employee engagement programs.
- Ensure that HR practices are aligned with organization objectives and compliant with HR laws and regulations.
- Partner with the HR Business Partner to drive people initiatives in line with business goals.
- Assist with employee lifecycle processes such as onboarding, first day orientation, coordinating training, employee engagement, learning & development, off-boarding, and compliance.
- Foster and help build a supportive, inclusive, collaborative and fun company culture.
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of experience in an HR Generalist or HR Coordinator role, supporting and/or building out HR processes and systems related to performance review, compensation and benefits.
- 1-3 years of experience recruiting for roles within a startup environment ranging from engineering to client services to operations.
- You have a broad knowledge and understanding of HR policies and US employment laws.
- Highly organized and motivated to seek out ways to improve processes and culture. You possess strong attention to detail.
- You take initiative and actively seek opportunities to get involved and have an impact.
- Employees and candidates love to engage with you; you possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor.
- You are energized working in a fast-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Previous startup experience.
- Successful experience hiring for data science, data engineering, and management roles.
- Previous experience with a PEO, HRIS, Performance Management and ATS system.