Office Tour Photos
Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Penetration Testing Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Security Engineer aids developers in the proactive identification of weaknesses in our products and services. You will have proficiency in penetration testing of operating systems and web applications. You will also offer application and architecture design and remediation guidance to engineering and product teams for identified issues.
Does This Describe You?
- You have great instincts, raw talent, and aren't afraid of taking on challenges both alone and with a team.
- Youre organized, detail-oriented, and pragmatic, with effective communication skills.
- You have a depth of knowledge in the most common attack types (e.g. OWASP Top 10), and a breadth of knowledge across the majority of MITRE ATT&CK techniques.
- You have several years of hands-on experience as a hacker, and have exercised your skills against both Linux and Windows environments.
- You are capable of developing/debugging applications written in common object-oriented languages.
- Experience as a Software Engineer
- Writer for a security blog or similar
- Mobile pentesting experience
- Hardware hacking experience
- Teaching / public speaking experience
- Published CVEs
- Security certifications (any Offensive Security or SANS/GIAC)
A Look Inside the Job:
- Perform penetration tests on dozens of different products built with a wide variety of application stacks.
- Discover threats, vulnerabilities and exploits through architecture design review, threat modeling, code review, and penetration assessments.
- Offer remediation guidance to stakeholders for identified issues and serve as an escalation resource for engineering as they reduce issues.
- Draft application security policies and standards that can be leveraged in the secure development of products and services.
- Educate engineering employees on secure coding and development best practices.
- Help with tools identification, onboarding and/or tools development to assist developers in the secure development of applications.
- Configure, run and monitor automated security testing tools.
- Build process and technology to improve the reporting and prioritization of identified weaknesses.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From