Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Analyst to join our New York Payroll Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide variety of in house payroll activities, including ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance of our payroll processes. The candidate will assume responsibility for computing wage payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions and ensuring compliance in tax withholding and filing obligations. The position requires a highly organized, responsive and flexible candidate that has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and deadline driven results.
We'll Trust You To:
- Assist with the production of the US semi-monthly payroll for over 11,000 employees
- Ensure compliance with tax withholding at the federal, state and local levels
- Audit daily queries and resolve errors
- Calculate retro pay
- Upload inbound files
- Assist in the coordination of year-end processing
- Process amendments as necessary
- Handle expat 401k, load to balance tables and funding
- Quarterly/Yearly tax reconciliation from Peoplesoft to ADP
- Tax balance adjustments as necessary
- Review legislation in tax updates and test as necessary
- Process tax payments along with regulatory quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Respond to employee and inter-departmental inquiries
- Research tax notices and resolve
- NY attestation review and update as necessary
- Perform fica audits
We Would Like to See:
- A minimum of 5-7 years relative payroll experience with a large global company, CPP preferred
- Experience using PeopleSoft Payroll, Workday and ADP Smart Compliance
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices, auditing and procedures
- Understanding of multi-state taxation and the taxation of non-resident employees on visas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research and resolve complex inquiries, seek solutions and follow through on complex tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain and build a high level of customer service with Bloomberg employees
- Ability to work closely within a global team
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From