The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business. Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2020 is to continue our incredible growth in acquiring and retaining subscribers. The consumer subscription business is looking for a Growth Partnership Manager who will be primarily focused on growing our consumer subscription business.
We collaborate with many teams as part of the day-to-day execution of our initiatives, including Product, Editorial, Marketing, Media Distribution, Finance, Legal, Sales, and Engineering. We expect that a big focus of this role will be managing bridges across these internal partners. You will also be responsible for managing key partnership opportunities that grow and diversify revenue, expand and engage our audience, and increase our brand awareness and affinity. You should be passionate about the media industry and possesses a foundation in financial and strategic business analysis.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the day-to-day management of our existing partnerships, including, but not limited to, deal negotiation, product and technology cooperation and joint marketing efforts
- Work closely with the subscription marketing team on external opportunities and identifying the size of new audiences
- Develop business plans and go-to-market strategy for potential new areas of business for the digital group
- Identify new strategic opportunities and negotiate and close the associated deals
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders, including Product, Editorial, Business Development (outside of subscription) and Sales
- Track and communicate key industry trends, analysis and actionable insights to assess the most impactful opportunities for the digital group
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience in business development, corporate strategy, investment banking or consulting, preferably with a media/technology focus
- Ability to build financial models to evaluate business opportunities and deals
- Experience with market analysis, industry research, and presentation of new ideas
- Excellent written and communication skills, including poise and professionalism while interacting with internal and external senior-level executives
- Passion for new digital trends and technologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to deliver measurable business results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and bring timely resolution to issues
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it's not in your job description
- Bachelor's degree
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From