Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Open Arts builds community through creativity. We offer art-related experiences that invite new ways of thinking about ourselves, our communities, and the world at large. Open Arts offerings, available both online and in-person, include commissions, residencies, workshops, design projects, and public programming. Facebook Open Arts is seeking a Strategic Programs Manager to support its activities to augment Facebook product initiatives with artist engagement and creative expression, and to help us define the next chapter of art at Facebook. This work includes identifying opportunities for artist collaborations that expand artistic practice and contribute meaningfully to Facebook products and experiences; extending Facebooks engagement with the global arts community; and elevating diversity. The role will report to the Head of Open Arts and support initiatives across geographic regions (Bay Area, The Americas, EMEA, and APAC). In addition to collaboration across all Open Arts program areas, this role will partner closely with cross-functional teams across multiple internal business organizations including Community, Product Design, Partnerships, and others. The ideal candidate will have experience cultivating strategic opportunities that leverage art and design; aligning multivariate business objectives; designing and executing projects at a range of scales and complexity; establishing and managing partnerships; and building awareness and engagement among key constituencies. We value people who think strategically while still caring about details. We're looking for an intellectually curious and creative professional who is comfortable operating in ambiguity; a strategic thinker with strong creative problem-solving skills; and an action-oriented team player. The successful candidate will be skilled at identifying and championing unexpected connections between art and technology, navigating ambiguous environments, acting as a convener and interlocutor, and advancing creative collaborations for measurable impact.
- Develop roadmap for creative collaborations with select Facebook product teams and initiatives
- Monitor Facebook product developments and initiatives to identify opportunities for Open Arts engagement and build related team knowledge and capacity
- Identify trends and themes in contemporary art and product design, and translate to potential opportunities
- Together with Open Arts colleagues, develop and manage creative projects and collaborations at the intersection of art and technology
- Establish partnerships with internal and external collaborators to facilitate meaningful creative dialogue and manage cross-functional engagements
- Develop framework and process for measuring and communicating impact
- Increase awareness of Open Arts program and projects among internal stakeholders
- Provide project coordination support and design internal processes for efficient communication, collaboration, and delivery
- Proactively identify technical, legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative mitigation strategies