NLP Engineer - NYC
Kasisto enables financial institutions to service, engage and acquire customers via human-like, intelligent conversations anytime, anywhere. Kasistos Conversational AI platform, KAI, powers omni-channel virtual assistants and chatbots who are fluent in banking across mobile apps, websites, messaging platforms, and voice-enabled devices.
KAI is the leading Conversational AI platform for the finance industry. Kasistos customers include J.P. Morgan, Mastercard, TD Bank, Standard Chartered, DBS Bank, among others. They chose KAI Banking for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is engaging with millions of consumers around the world, across multiple channels, in different languages, and is optimized for performance, scalability, security, and compliance.
Built with the deepest AI portfolio in the industry, KAI includes Platform Tools and Services to customize and continually improve consumer experiences as well as seamlessly add new features, channels, and markets.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with specialties in natural language processing and machine learning. This positions primary focus will be our platforms core natural language understanding (NLU) engine, including accuracy improvements, performance evaluation, and the development of new features. The ideal candidate will have experience with machine learning-based approaches to text classification, named entity recognition, parameter extraction, and/or representation learning, as well as with the creation and evaluation of annotated training corpora. As Kasisto has an international customer-base, we welcome candidates with experience in languages besides English.
You should have the ability to work independently within a small, creative, deadline-driven environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow professionally within a fast-moving tech startup with a global reach.
What you will be doing
- Improving the accuracy of our platforms NLU system by researching, prototyping, and implementing new approaches to our core problems (see above)
- Developing new systems for evaluating NLU accuracy and performance
- Building better-annotated training corpora by assessing data collection and annotation processes
- Assisting in the implementation of new features and tools for both internal and external consumption
What you need in this position
- 3+ years professional experience with NLP and machine learning
- Strong proficiency in Java; Python or Scala experience a plus
- Experience with deploying machine learning-based systems in production environments
- Experience with multilingual NLP systems a plus
- Familiarity with a major machine learning/deep learning framework a plus (Keras, Tensorflow, Torch, Spark-ML, h2o.ai, etc.)
Location New York City, Flatiron District
We welcome your cover letter with a description of your previous complete experience and your resume. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From