Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowerys farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. Theyre 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be with a fraction of the water and land.
About the Role
Our network engineer will be managing, running and maintaining all networking infrastructure across Bowery. This person will be part of the IT Team working with all teams across the company, while serving as the POC for vendors making any changes to our internal farm network.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the networks
- Responsible for the carrying out approved changes to the network infrastructure
- Participate on team and company initiatives and events.
- Work with cross functional teams to participate in ongoing projects and managing network projects as they come up.
- Maintain documentation of the Network related documentation and procedures
- Design, setup and configure new and existing networks that connect to site to site VPN deployments.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrator, site personnel and etc. to provide technical assistant and support via our support channels
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Plan network infrastructure and security with regards to scalability and redundancy, conduct ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, resource optimization, and evaluate new technologies.
- Manage and own network backup strategies both on and off-site.
- Available on-call during off-hours and weekends.
- Travel to all our locations as needed.
What You'll Have:
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical persons. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally via slack, phone, email and in person.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN Networking Environments including TCP/IP, Switches, Firewalls, VPN and Remote Access and Data and Low Voltage Cabling.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server/Workstations environments (All Windows Versions) including Virtualization, File and Print, Remote Access, Active Directory and Group Policy.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Azure Environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Work-from-Home Solutions including VPN, Video Conferencing (Teams, Zoom, etc). File Sharing and Cyber Security
- Experience with Autotask PSA/Datto RMM a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team environment or independently with minimal direction.
- Display high-energy, self-motivation, flexibility and an ability to multitask and prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment. Must possess a keen attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Must be a very organized individual with the ability to clearly document their work in accordance with team procedures.
- Enjoy working with a high paced and close knit team environment with minimal direction.
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowerys produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.