Office Tour Photos
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of Instagram researchers working to bring people closer to the people and things they love, shaping the future of Instagram.
Our work directly impacts products in making Instagrams value realized by over a billion people who are a part of our community and our work is at the forefront of making Instagram more available to the next billion people around the world.
Our primary research ranges from formative to evaluative, using approaches such as quantitative surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and contextual inquiries. For this position, we are looking for individuals with a mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) and who bring an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights.
The right candidates will be effective communicators who have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, who are passionate about bringing access of Instagram to people around the world, and who are comfortable in a flat, fast-moving, collaborative organization.
- Work closely with other disciplines (e.g. Engineering, TPM, PM, Data Science) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding
- Design and execute research that closes those knowledge gaps, using a wide variety of methods and interpreting analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, and social science
- Drive tactical and strategic product decisions, addressing both user behavior and perceptions
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Lead and deliver research share-outs to different audiences and disciplines to encourage empathy and understanding with different segments (specific markets, new or resurrected users, etc.) and identify clear opportunities to improve the experience
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Willingness to travel internationally
More Jobs From