Rightway was founded in early 2017 by a team of dedicated healthcare, business and technology leaders seeking to create a high-tech, high-touch solution that would improve healthcare for both employees and their employers.
Rightway empowers employees to get the highest-quality, most cost-effective care by pairing each member with a Clinical Navigator who guides them through their healthcare journey. A member can contact their Navigator by calling directly or chatting via the web and mobile applications, allowing members to engage where its convenient for them. By combining clinician-led support with a modern, intuitive app, Rightway helps consumers navigate the entire care continuum, from medical care to pharmacy needs.
Rightway provides employers an ecosystem of healthcare navigation that generates high member satisfaction scores, industry leading engagement and a quantifiable ROI. Our approach is rooted in analytics and guided by a bottoms-up understanding of a population.
Rightway is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire for the best talent and actively seek diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education. Rightway fosters an inclusive, collaborative culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible.
We are committed to equal opportunity and fairness regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, country of citizenship, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, family status, family care status, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
Rightway is privately financed, having raised over $30mm to date from investors such as Thrive Capital. It is headquartered out of New York City, with new offices in Hudson Yards. We also have satellite offices in Miami and San Francisco.
About the role:
We are looking to hire our first physician leader to develop and build Rightways telehealth offering from the ground up. You will be responsible for overseeing all care delivered to our members across the country. Besides caring for patients and supervision our talented team of Nurse Practitioners, you will be partnering with the product team to help build the telehealth product.You will also work with other functions at Rightway to help commercialize this offering, partner with provider groups and contract with health plans and TPAs.
As Rightways Medical Director, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of our telehealth offering. If you are looking to be part of an innovative team that is transforming the future of healthcare, this opportunity could be for you!
This is a remote position and will initially be part time with the intention of becoming a full time position as the telehealth offering scales.
- Work closely with senior leadership and the product/tech team to manage and build our telehealth platform and offering
- Provide thought leadership and give feedback on ways to improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Generate feedback, innovative features and process improvements to better our user experience, physician experience and clinical reporting.
- Identify, escalate and mitigate technological gaps in our products and/or services.
- Suggest improvements of the Primary Health Standard of Care including standard workflows, performance metrics / measures, policies / procedures, and other elements of lifestyle medicine programming.
- Help recruit an extraordinary team of care providers
- Provide direct patient care to patients virtually
- Serve as supervising physician for our Nurse Practitioners
- Support development of clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of our care model.
- Provide clinical leadership for the Rightway team
- Escalation point for the care delivery team
- Be accountable for the quality of care for your panel
- Adhere to privacy, compliance, and quality programs and other regulatory and compliance standards within Rightway
- MD from an accredited medical school
- Medical Board Certification
- Completion of medical residency program
- Masters in Public Health (preferred but not necessary)
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medicine-Pediatrics required.
- Experience as a medical director, leading a team of care providers.
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and productivity
- A desire to challenge the conventional in search of delivering a better healthcare experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ideally possessing Spanish language fluency.
- The role requires the medical director / lead physician to be licensed in multiple states. We will cover all costs and take on the process of getting you licensed.