Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers across the globe. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct measurement. The Marketing Science Partner Manager is charged with leveraging these capabilities on behalf of marketers to measure and optimize their marketing spend on and off Facebook. This person will develop and execute against the measurement strategy for the vertical including vertical specific application of tools, resource allocation, third-party partnerships, and case study development and research priorities. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in measurement, analytics, research and statistics as well as a strong client management background.This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise E-commerce clients and the industry on measurement strategy and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt high quality measurement as a way to improve business performance. To accomplish this, the person in this role will drive industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods as well as design and execute empirical research for individual clients and at the industry-level.Driving good measurement with clients will require designing tests and implementing measurement tools to help clients improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact.In some cases, the existing measurement products and approaches will not be a perfect fit for clients, the vertical, or countries. In these cases, the Marketing Science Partner Manager will focus on customizing existing capabilities, or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with cross-functional partners in Product, R&D, and Partnerships.
This position will also manage a team of individual contributors across multiple locations with both individual account assignments and project based work to create materials and research across accounts.
- Manage a team that owns a complex set of client relationships across industry and client groups, functions, brands and agencies to drive our measurement adoption objectives
- Influence E-commerce clients to measure true business value by creating a learning agenda that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques
- Play a strategic role in developing the cross-platform and cross-media measurement approaches and agendas for their verticals
- Drive vertical, and industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methodologies, products, and approaches in support of the learning agenda
- Mentor a team to conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Communicate complex research results to clients when needed
- Play a major, strategic role in collaborating with Sales, Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive vertical and client engagement around measurement innovation, including product alphas and beta
- Mentor, develop, and manage a team of Marketing Science Partners to execute against measurement goals