Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers limitless opportunities to reach consumers across the globe. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct Marketing Science work, including measurement and auction consulting. The Vertical Marketing Science Director is charged with managing a team that consults with clients to measure the return of marketing investments, as well as develop next generation measurement systems and marketing best practices. The Director will also inform Facebook marketing science strategy development and go-to market strategy. This strategy will include industry-specific application of tools, resource allocation, development of third party partnerships, case study development, and thought leadership.
This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and the industry on measurement and auction strategy and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business performance. To accomplish this, the Director will drive industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods and products and design and execute empirical analysis for individual clients and at the industry-level.
Driving good measurement with clients will require the Directors team to design tests (using experiments and modeling techniques), meta-analysis, and other research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact.
In some cases, the existing measurement products and approaches will not be a perfect fit for clients, industry verticals, or countries. In these cases, the Director will focus on customizing existing capabilities or in some cases piloting new, scalable capabilities in partnership with cross-functional groups.
- Develop, mentor, and manage a talented team that owns a set of client and agency relationships across the industry in order to evolve the industry toward better measurement and use of the auction
- Lead the team in conducting in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
- Influence industry verticals to measure true business value by building and operationalizing a learning agenda that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement and auction techniques
- Communicate our strategy to clients in individual meetings and at industry events and serve as a point of escalation
- Play a major strategic role in collaborating with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive vertical and client engagement around Facebook Inc., cross publisher, and cross media measurement innovation, including product alphas and betas
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners, including the Global Media Solutions team
More Jobs From