Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role:
As a Marketing Manager at Applecart you will be the first marketing hire at a high-growth, venture-backed technology company that specializes in providing cutting-edge targeting for B2B marketing campaigns for some of the biggest companies in the world. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the companys marketing program from the ground up and overseeing the design, testing, and optimization of a range of B2B marketing strategies from paid advertising to email marketing to webinars and more. Were looking for a well-rounded, experienced B2B marketer who has designed high-performing B2B marketing programs in a startup environment. You will be critical to our growth plans, as you help us successfully transition from a company that has grown largely through organic growth to a company whose growth is fueled by scalable, best-in-class B2B marketing strategies.
What Youll Do:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop a multi-channel marketing program for the company from scratch
- Develop marketing performance KPIs and robust tracking and reporting
- Lead content development across channels (from landing pages to blog posts and creative assets)
- Methodically test and identify best performing content, creative, and messages for each channel, identify levers for improvement and opportunities to optimize ROI
- Own and ensure efficiency of the paid advertising budget across channels.
- Identify and implement marketing automation tools that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the companys marketing program
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in a startup environment
- Proven experience marketing a data or software product to senior decision makers at major companies
- A deep understanding of tracking, ad formats, trends and best practices in paid digital media, as a result of direct, hands-on experience--across both social and non-social channels
- Deep experience with Google Analytics and common marketing automation tools (e.g. Hubspot, Marketo, etc.)
- Strong copywriting skills with an eye for great ad creative; Photoshop design skills a plus.
- Proven experience successfully managing third-party vendors (e.g. copywriters, creative firm, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires strong prioritization ability with minimal oversight
- Experience and success with managing multiple deadlines while maintaining a cool confidence
- An energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor