Office Tour Photos
As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is looking for an experienced manager for our Boston, Rochester and Norwalk based software engineering teams. You will require a thorough knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. You will have a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project's technical architect.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, Portal.
Does This Describe You:
You're a hand's on manager who uses in empathetic leadership to build their team.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews, and assist with career pathing and goal setting
- Oversee the daily operations of software engineering teams
- Work on strategic projects laid out by senior management
- Oversee the health of our software engineering teams, each led by their respective product owner and principal software engineer, to ensure each team achieves code increments that contribute to the business while protecting the technical health of the product
- Help establish, measure, and improve team-level operational metrics
- Report on the status of the software development teams, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- 5+ years in a management role, responsible for 10 or more engineers in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills that help you be inspiring
- Experience communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an energized environment
- Demonstrated technical skills. For example, as evidenced by some combination of: BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics; Work experience as a software engineer including experience with object-oriented design, development frameworks, and/or web services; Work experience in a technical position working in collaboration with software engineers
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From