Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Manager for Privacy Strategic Program team who will be responsible for standing up cross-functional programs to respond to any new or upcoming changes to existing privacy requirement(s) as well as building a long term approach and strategic framework to meet the privacy regulations expectations over the next 1-3 years.At its core, this team is a quarterback for a cross-functional team from product, legal and policy team with common goals of meeting global privacy regulatory expectations in a prioritized manner. The focus of this role is to drive progress forward, facilitate leadership decision making and help team succeed on meeting the requirements. Day to day requires bringing many different teams and functions together to structure and executing the company's plan to meet the regulatory requirement both in the short term as well build long term product and policy roadmaps with an eye towards Facebook having the ability to shape and meet future privacy expectations.This is a highly visible role that requires strategic thinking, excellent stakeholder management, technical know-how, and operational excellence. Additionally, this role works with leadership including executives at the company.The successful candidate thrives in an ambiguous, cross-functional environment and wants to solve big, hard problems more than anything else. (S)he should be able to learn a new product, regulation area extremely fast and excel in knowing when to lead or support a cross-functional team and bring out views from all disciplines in order to inform one strategic plan. (S)he needs to be a system thinker, who is highly organized and can simplify the complex problems into actionable plans.While this role is not technical, it requires a keen interest in and aptitude for understanding how our platform is constructed and the ability to dive deep into a technical feature in order to educate external and internal parties and enable the right decision making. Similarly the right candidate will also be intellectually curious and build familiarity and fluency with legal requirements in the areas of privacy, data protection, and security. This role will manage a small team of Program managers.
- Design the program for any new or existing privacy regulations, including understanding the regulation, identifying key requirements which require investment or change in current Facebook practices/products and operationalize our response to meet those requirements.
- Lead the program to ensure execution is managed in a prioritized manner to balance the near term regulatory requirement(s) execution and long term privacy roadmap.
- Partner with the cross-functional teams from product, legal and policy functions through response plan, including holding teams accountable for inputs and aligning where there are competing priorities and strategies from different cross-functional partners.
- Ensure progress on priority work-streams, help build decision-making frameworks and deliverables.
- Prepare communication materials and progress tracking for multiple audiences including leadership from privacy, legal and policy teams.
- Build and maintain an inventory of all global privacy regulations and a map of our compliance and product positions vis-a-vis those regulations.
- Build a long term view on global privacy regulations and distill them into actionable privacy framework for the company.
- Work with legal, privacy and policy leadership teams to ensure the cross-company work on privacy includes the key priorities coming from global regulations.
More Jobs From