goTenna is foundationally disrupting the +$50B global Mesh Networking industry with communication solutions 40x more cost-effective, 12x lighter, 10x smaller and 6x longer-lasting than anything else on the market. goTenna Pro tactical mesh radios are already being deployed by the U.S. Military, FEMA and CALFire to enable real-time situational awareness and mission-critical comms during emergency situations like Hurricane Michael when cell, wifi, and satellite are unavailable.
goTenna is seeking a highly skilled, professional IT/Dev Ops Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. This role will work cross-functionally across our engineering, business operations, and customer experience organizations. In this role you have the ability to come up with robust, scalable solutions for user-facing applications, while also deploying and maintaining environments for our developers.
- Work with Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically working with: EC2, S3, security groups, API Gateway + Lambda functions.
- Manage rapid deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD): Unit testing, Jenkins builds.
- Brainstorm new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Oversee version control, and source management: GitHub, GitLab
- Work on developer solutions & code portability: Docker, Kerberos, message queues.
- Maintain and enhance our security capabilities
- Documenting and designing various development processes as well as keeping them updated.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends, and identifying opportunities for potential improvement within the organization
- Assume organizational IT responsibilities as needed
Required Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree — CS or CSEE preferred
- 3+ years experience in dev ops or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Experience with Agile workflow methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Familiarity with coding and scripting (any language)
- Data: Replication, sharding, backups. Mongo/NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, in-memory services (redis/memcache/etc)
- Security Experience: experience with VPNs, firewalls, and data security.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator
- Self-starter; diligent & organized
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities, multitasking and managing time efficiently
It'd be awesome if you had
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup
- An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, do cool stuff outside work, and try to be creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf)
- Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From