Manager, Accounts Receivables, Americas
The AR, Americas Manager is a hands-on position that directs the performance of the collections staff related to A/R, cash applications, collections and general accounting in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws, and takes the lead and works closely with IT to proactively improve overall business processes through enhanced functionality.
In this role, you will have 4 direct reports and will assist the Sr. Global AR Manager and AR Team with the plans and activities of staff that is responsible for collecting outstanding balances on overdue invoices, reconciling accounts as the result of disputes and applying cash receipts. Relative to these responsibilities, you will also include a proportionate distribution of customer accounts commonly referred to as a collections portfolio, to perform and engage in duties essential to the pursuit and payment of open receivables.
About the Team
The position for Team Lead of Account Receivables/Collections is a critical member of the Global Account Receivables/Collections department of 11, including the direct supervision of the Americas collections specialists.
- Provides management oversight and mentoring team of four Accounts Receivable Specialists; Analyze work, establish priorities and manage deadlines. Function as an individual contributor while managing team. Oversee employee training plans. Orient and train new staff.
- Assists Sr. Global AR Manager with account receivables objectives by selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions by assisting with the formal performance review process; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Supervises the performance of collections, customer account reconciliations, bad debt reconciliation, credit evaluation and the preparation of accounts for legal action or outside agency assistance for the NY team.
- Meets account receivables operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by Specialists and as part of own collections portfolio; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Safeguards receivables by implementing effective credit and collections policies to support growth. Works closely with customers, billing operations, and the sales teams to maximize sales and cash flow while minimizing DSO and bad debt write-offs.
- Interacts with customers and outside sales reps to negotiate settlements and set up payment plans, terms and/or credit limits.
- Develops and implements highly repeatable, scalable processes from new customer set up to management of customer receivables to timely collection of payments.
- 5 or more years of significant experience in credit/collections.
- 3+ years of management skills.
- Experience working in SaaS, advertising, media, medical or other high transaction/collection organizations.
- Solid understanding of finance, billing, monthly close cycles and revenue management, with demonstrated history of developing solutions to improve business performance. Proven track record in implementation of policies and procedure cross-departmentally to allow for seamless workgroup handoffs between departments.
- Sound understanding of, and prior experience in, managing an operations team in a financial or similar environment. Functional knowledge of team building and cohesion, task allocation, personnel management / mentoring and goal/performance planning.
- Complete familiarity with all MS Office apps with advanced proficiency in Excel- VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, macros, as well as experience with proprietary, custom applications or other enterprise financial systems.
- BA/BS Degree in a related field
- Understanding of SaaS business models, transactional billing, accounting, contract management, back office systems and team leadership.
- Expertise in SalesForce.com, Zuora, Workday or Oracle/SAP collections modules.
- Experience with contracts or finance operations within an OLTP, telecommunications or other event-driven billing environment.
- VBA / SQL or similar database technologies in a financial environment a plus.