Manager of Account Management
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in gamechanging innovation and youre excited to reimagine a $700 billion industry. You know how to train, develop and lead a successful sales team. Youre decisive, driven and a true optimist. You challenge the status quo and roll up your sleeves to implement meaningful change. You relentlessly pursue your mission with a strong sense of urgency and you inspire your team to do the same.
Loadsmart is looking for a sharp, energetic Manager of Account Management to join our rapidly growing team. In this role youll help build and scale our shipper sales Account Management team. Youll obsess about delighting our customers to achieve breakout revenue growth. Youll create a culture of sales success and lead by example.
- Hire, train, manage, develop and retain an elite customer success focused sales team.
- Achieve assigned bookings quota by driving the sales performance of the Account Management team.
- Actively assess and provide the toolkit the sales team needs to be successful. Improve current and create new sales processes, playbooks, pitches, messaging, collateral, reporting, data visualization and other sales tools.
- Personally become a top expert at expanding Loadsmarts footprint in key accounts, and coach your team to excellence by example.
- Onboard and continuously train Account Managers by having them shadow your approach in customer meetings and frequent role play.
- Serve as a compelling presence during calls and when co-visiting prospects and customers; insightfully determine when to observe vs. lead meetings, and actively assist in closing business as needed.
- Drive the creation and successful execution of thoughtful, detailed Strategic Account Plans that outline the clear path to maximizing Loadsmart share of wallet in each individual account.
- Accurately assess and communicate pipeline and forecast.
- Coordination closely with Sales Operations and the VP of Sales to align territories, determine rep quotas, and communicate compensation plans.
- Manage in a highly data-driven manner. Thoroughly understand key metrics and help the team excel by understanding performance.
- Evaluate and improve Account Manager performance via silent monitoring of live calls and analysis of recorded calls.
- Effectively identify the strengths and weaknesses of your team and coach appropriately.
- Iterate constantly. Actively test new ideas and measure impact; adopt what works and change what does not.
- Oversee team usage of sales systems including Salesforce.
- Collaborate with the broader Loadsmart team on strategic plans to drive account growth.
- Partner closely with the VP of Sales, CRO and the broader Loadsmart leadership team on new initiatives, projects and opportunities.
- Provide useful, regular feedback to our engineering and product teams based on customer input and your own insight; actively partner with these teams to enhance our technology and services.
- Achieve assigned revenue quote by driving the sales performance of Account Managers
- 5+ years direct B2B sales experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales leadership role overseeing a team of 5+ outside sales reps, preferably in a customer success oriented sales model.
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting / exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Demonstrated ability to measurably improve sales rep performance via hands on coaching and management.
- Excellent track record of successfully co-managing sales meetings with C-level executives.
- Proven aptitude for managing strategic account plans, pipelines, forecasting, territory planning, daily/weekly check-ins, and sales KPIs.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships internally and externally.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in logistics industry preferred.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.