Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
The M&A Associate for the Japanese market ("M&A Associate (Japan)) will i) work as a member of the Acquisition team in managing acquisition pipeline, primarily for Japanese brands/products (but not limited to), ii) work as a member of the M&A team to prepare financial, business, product and market assessment on specific M&A targets (again, primarily for, but not limited to, Japanese brands/products), create their financial models, and work closely with all departments across the company to explain and justify the potential investment opportunities, and iii) work closely with the International team to analyze opportunities to cross-sell the companys existing brands/products in the Japanese market.
It is very important for the Associate to be able to provide the necessary Japanese language and cultural context translations to the respective teams.
Your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
1. Acquisition (deal sourcing)
- Working to develop proprietary acquisition lead flow for Thrasio
- Conducting competitive research and analysis
- Proactively reaching out to potential acquisition candidates via e-mail, phone, etc.
- Representing Thrasio globally at conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Developing and leading outbound marketing initiatives for Thrasio
- Managing our deal database and writing internal business reports
2. M&A (due diligence)
- Building financial models and identifying key opportunities to pitch gainful strategies
- Writing professional correspondence (letters and emails) to key executives
- Communicating/hosting meetings with business owners & key executives via phone/video call
- Managing database of researched and acquired companies
3. International (cross-selling)
- Market Analysis on new market opportunities
- Competitor Analysis on new market opportunities
- Financial Analysis on new market opportunities
- Marketing Analysis on new product opportunities
- Strategize on offering differentiation and price optimization
- Pulling reports from multiple places and compiling results for tracking KPIs post-launch
- Working across the team to build reporting infrastructure and developing new processes and analytics that drive value add for all stakeholders
This is an exciting chance to become a part of a start-up team within a successful and rapidly expanding company. This role is expected to become more focused on a specific function as our Japanese business matures and increases in scale and scope.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Marketing, and/or equivalent practical experience; 2+ yrs of experience in a similar role, with experience in a Private Equity, Venture Capital, or M&A environment preferred for an associate position
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to analyze and build P&L statements/models
- Solid project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize time and business relationships
- Ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- A hunter mentality
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about Amazon FBA business model
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Strong English language communication skills; very useful to have fluency in Japanese
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected classes, or protected veteran status. Thrasio participates in E-verify.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.