Bloomberg Law offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career that allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. We are dependent upon our legal analysts to continue building excellent products using a unique combination business insight and domain knowledge with legal practice experience.
What is the role?
The Legal Data Analysis team works closely with our business and engineering teams to ensure data integrity in Bloomberg Law's products and initiatives. In this role, you will leverage you legal knowledge and experience and sharp attention to detail to analyze data that will support new product and feature development. You will also apply your project management skills to guide the data operations behind various products, such as Litigation Analytics, Points of law, Precedent Search, and Draft Analyzer.
This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in pivoting between projects in a fast-paced environment. We will also help you expand your skills and opportunities by investing in you with our individualized approach to career development.
We'll trust you to:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform.
- Work with our team to create new technology-driven solutions for the legal profession.
- Belong to a team responsible for data analysis and validation, user acceptance testing, vendor management, and quality assurance, among other things.
- Be part of Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment.
You must have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Passed a state bar examination and been admitted.
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional legal practice experience following law school graduation; either litigation or transactional experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools; experience with the BLAW product is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
We'd love to see (but is not required):
- AGILE Methodology.
- Python and/or QLIK for data analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
More Jobs From