Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Artificial Intelligence researchers seek to understand and develop systems with human-level intelligence by advancing the longer-term academic problems surrounding AI. Our research covers the full spectrum of topics related to AI, and to deriving knowledge from data: theory, algorithms, applications, software infrastructure and hardware infrastructure. Long-term objectives of understanding intelligence and building intelligent machines are bold and ambitious, and we know that making significant progress towards AI cant be done in isolation. Thats why we actively engage with the research community through publications, open source software, participation in technical conferences and workshops, and collaborations with colleagues in academia.Facebook AI researchers work from our offices around the globe: Menlo Park, CA, New York City, Seattle, WA, Montreal, Canada and Paris, France.
The FAIR TPM Leads primary responsibility is to design and implement programs & processes to operate the best AI research lab in the world. They will partner closely with FAIR Leads to provide the best environment for open AI research. Success for this role will mean FAIR scientists have all of the resources necessary to pursue their research agendas and FAIR Leads have a strong set of programs and processes to guide and manage research direction with a high degree of efficiency.
- Build infrastructure and services to accelerate open research
- Build a world class research cluster & platform
- Bringing up new labs including managing technical, location, infrastructure needs
- Developing tools & demos
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to executives
- Implement programs that increase operational efficiency of research agendas and technology transfer
- Provide structure to manage large projects
- Organize workshops for internal and external audiences
- Streamlining communications internally and externally
- Coordinate with applied research & product teams
- Create simple yet effective processes to reduce friction
- Partner with other cross-functional teams on processes for academic grants/proposals/collaborations/workshops, legal/open source reviews, licensing/policy decisions
More Jobs From