CrossBorder Solutions has offices in New York City, Tarrytown NY, St. Petersburg FL, London and Argentina. We are currently in hypergrowth mode and seeking new talent in Austin TX, Houston TX and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
We are seeking an experienced data technologist, developer & team lead the role of Lead Data Engineer, with experience building reliable, distributed data systems across the public cloud. The Lead Data Engineer will have the opportunity to architect and build the next generation of data platforms for CrossBorder Solutions cutting across relational databases, data pipelines, multi-region data availability, data lakes, BI & machine learning opportunities driven by data.
You will join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging team of experts to build scalable enterprise platforms in AWS. As our Data Engineering Lead, you will ensure a best practices & well architected approach to applying cloud data solutions and controls spanning industry leading open source and cloud services covering observability, dataOps, data application deployments., Spark, Python and other application & platform management technology. Working along side our Engineering and Product teams you will engineer, implement & configure the full-stack for data applications. At CrossBorder, enthusiastic technologists can grow their career in cloud engineering in a unique and very progressive cloud-native and server-less environment. You will collaborate and influence architectural direction of cloud platform capabilities that are in alignment with the organizations goal and standards. This role requires experience in public cloud and an exceptional level of enthusiasm for cloud-native technology with a proven track record of self-motivated accomplishment.
- 5+ years leading engineering teams and owning engineering deliverables.
- 3+ years working in data infrastructure and data pipelines such as big data, ETL, Hadoop, data warehousing, analytics application development.
- Familiarity with the underlying technology architecture as opposed to vendor solutions.
- 2+ years experience working with multi-model data models such as relational, k/v, document, graph & block storage.
- 2+ years experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
- Expert knowledge in database technologies and data movement. Managing these systems at larger levels of data and consumption, such as Postgres, MySql, MongoDB, et. al. This includes data ingestion and data movement related to schema changes and ETL at a large scale (TBs of data).
- Architecting and maintaining HA (High-availability) production systems.
- Able to work in a Linux Environment.
- 1+ years experience with Python and the Python eco-system (PySpark, Pandas, DataFrames, etc.) as it relates to and support data workloads and applications such as ETL, Map/Reduce, Spark & other data frameworks.
- Knowledge of systems monitoring tools in a cloud environment
What You Need to Succeed
- Designing and deploying medium to big data applications fit for purpose across scaling, throughput & high-availability dimensions
- Working with global teams and product owners providing industry leading cloud data solutions and applying best practices.
- Supporting security policies, standards, and processes based on current and previous business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
- Partnering with operations teams to onboard BAU work and automation to the appropriate groups.
- Creating and deploying robust and reusable config management solutions
- Mentoring a small team of expert data technologists while managing the workload of your team and delegating tasks accordingly in order to deliver on your Sprint goals
Whats In It For You:
Great team culture, career development, great compensation package and benefits, and an unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world. With a company culture that provides ample opportunities to be recognized, build valuable skills, and grow your career.
About CrossBorder Solutions:
We are a pre-IPO SaaS company and the global leader in AI tax solutions for multinational corporations worldwide. We are experiencing hyper-growth as large companies cut back on consulting services and replace them with technology-driven solutions. Since its launch, CrossBorder Solutions has experienced over 200% year-over-year growth. Recently we completed a $65 million Series B investment led by Insight Partners, the leading global private equity firm. www.insightpartners.com
We are committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for our people regardless of their background or circumstances.