Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly-motivated and experienced attorney to serve as a Lead Counsel in the eDiscovery & Information Governance Team within Facebooks Legal Department. The Lead Counsel will play a key role in providing legal advice and guidance to legal and business partners relating to information governance and records management. The ideal candidate is a skilled attorney and a natural communicator who can partner with teams across the company to develop world-class and cutting-edge solutions and best practices relating to the information lifecycle, including records retention and disposition needs. The Lead Counsel will also develop best practices and provide legal guidance to Facebooks global litigation, regulatory, investigation, and product teams. The candidate should have great intellectual curiosity and a desire to invest time and energy into learning and growing as a subject matter expert. The candidate should have the ability to work proactively with teams to build consensus across the organization, including legal, IT, and security. In addition, excellent judgment and comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in U.S. and global legal and regulatory obligations relating to information governance and records management
- Apply information governance and records management knowledge, principles, practices, and experience when partnering with in-house and outside counsel on active litigation, regulatory, and investigation matters
- Meaningfully contribute to the design, implementation, and execution of information governance tooling, policies, strategies, and workflows
- Manage the execution of a global records management policy, retention schedule, file plan, and inventory in accordance with company policies, obligations, and procedures
- Implement strategies and workflows for managing global records throughout the records lifecycle, including the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, preservation, retention, and disposition of records
- Develop efficient and systematic processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information relating to business activities
- Rapidly identify, analyze, and address complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication in cross-functional settings
- Work collaboratively with the eDiscovery and Information Governance team, as well as case and policy teams, business partners, outside counsel, and vendors
- Assist with vendor and records management tool evaluation and selection