Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced attorney to serve as Lead Counsel, Cybersecurity Law and Investigations, NORAM region. The successful candidate will work with investigative teams in the United States and abroad to identify and prevent harm while protecting the rights, privacy and safety of our users. The position will conduct and lead investigations involving physical and online threats, support incident response investigations, and work with security teams to conduct after-action reviews and remediate security risks. The position also will build and maintain relationships with private and public sector entities focused on Internet safety and security while counseling integrity teams on information sharing through platforms such as Threat Exchange. The position will play a significant role in engaging with law enforcement and other government security entities.
The position requires travel within and outside the United States, as well as work during evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary to support urgent matters and to collaborate with our employees throughout the world.
- Provide legal counsel to Facebook's security and integrity teams during investigations, incident response, information sharing and threat mitigation
- Ensure investigations comply with laws, regulations and Facebooks policies
- Provide legal training to investigators
- Work with business and engineering teams to design and implement innovative privacy and security solutions, particularly those related to investigations and threat mitigation
- Support Threat Exchange and other threat sharing efforts
- Work with Integrity teams, including Elections Integrity, to protect Facebooks platform and users from abuse by malicious actors
- Counsel physical security teams