Cargo is looking for a Launch Associate to play a critical role in expanding our international presence. Cargo already has operations in both the US and SE Asia but alongside its exclusive and global partner, Uber, it is looking to expand to new cities and countries starting in 2019. You will be part of the International team helping plan, launch and grow operations in these new markets, leveraging our partners and our central team. You will join a team that loves consumer technology, business strategy, deal making, and growing relationships, and you would play a critical role in developing our international business.
- Help decide on a launch strategy and timeline for international business:
- o Assist in the research and planning for all international launches, working closely with internal teams and external partners
- Launching Cargo in new markets:
- o Help build local and regional teams in new markets and ensure they have the tools for success
- o Collaborate with local teams to build a budget plan with a path to profitability
- o Help develop, imagine and consider new international business opportunities and value propositions
- o Play a key role in helping identify key strategic partners to drive the business forward
- o Work with the core Cargo team to ensure the new market has all the tools it needs for success
- Growing and expanding new international markets
- o Helping the new international team be successful and achieve its goals whilst expanding its presence in new cities
- Ensuring alignment and stakeholder buy-in across HQ and local teams
- You will report into our Launch Manager based in New York, USA
Experience & Skills
- Bachelors degree from a top-tier university (strong academic performance); MBA or other Masters degree a plus
- Highly operational backgrounds are preferred. Experience in mobility and ridesharing is beneficial
- Ability to think logically, base decisions on data and also think outside of the box - you will be building new business models
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under ambiguity and minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Collegial, high energy, thoughtful and persistent personality with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong network within mobility and with potential partners is a 'nice to have'
- Experience of working internationally will be beneficial
- Ideally to be located in New York, USA or Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Sense of humour
Perks & Benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Tons of snacks in the office at all times!
- A great culture of collaborative and engaging coworkers
Cargo is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Cargo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Were the leader in the creation of the passenger economy and changing the way people think about on-the-go retail. Whether its an energy drink to give you a boost, a granola bar to feed your hunger while on-the-move, or a charging cord to keep your mobile productivity going, we use a sophisticated operations process and easy-to-use technology to give rideshare riders what they need right when they need it.
For the rideshare drivers who have Cargo in their vehicles, our service is a great new way to increase their earnings during a time when every dollar counts. And best of all, Cargo costs drivers absolutely nothing! We handle the entire process of acquiring inventory, shipping products to drivers needing a restock, and processing purchase payments. Drivers simply put a Cargo box in their vehicle and watch their earnings grow.