Office Tour Photos
Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Cloud Engineer, Team Lead.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player and pick up new things quickly.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead Datto infrastructure expansion and enhancement projects of varying size and scope
- Install, configure and maintain Datto Linux network operating systems (Ubuntu) and custom internal applications
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Set up and support monitoring of all Datto internal systems, including servers and other essential equipment, using Zabbix
- Automate processes through scripting and configuration management tools such as Puppet
- Assist the development team and the rest of the company with technical computing requirements and ongoing needs
- Limited travel
- Off hours support
- This is a Linux-centric position. Must have a solid foundation of Linux skills Systems monitoring software, Zabbix preferred
- 2 to 4+ years of experience with Linux administration in an enterprise or software as a service environment
- Experience with Linux firewalls (UFW/IPTables) and general Linux networking
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Perl, Awk, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience supporting DNS, webservers, and load balancers
- Experience with KVM or other virtualization platforms
- Excel in an energized environment
- Passion for technology
- Documentation skills mandatory
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- Dedicated to quality work results
- Value collaboration and working with a team
- Conscious of customer service
- Experience working on multiple projects
- Experience with ZFS, Puppet, and Openstack
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From