The Senior IT Architect is responsible for the development, specification and communication of ActiveHealth's architecture and technology plans. Included are the Business, Conceptual, Data, Application and Technical architectures. Ensures the development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Researches and proposes technical strategies. Studies and documents architectural frameworks and reference material. Identifies and solves complex design problems and creates new solutions.
- Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings to promote integrated corporate business systems.
- Designs, supports and deploys mechanisms to enhance, refine, and deliver the architecture vision.
- Creates the Conceptual Architecture, Vision and Principles.
- Develops Business models to guide development of the architecture.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
- Provides research and development activities for architecture. Completes product positioning and assessments. Provides lab and vendor support. Provides guidance for enterprise-wide technology. Develops frameworks, standards and reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Develops and maintains common services, repositories and utility components for the enterprise. Develops and maintain enterprise-wide and domain blueprints and models for the architecture portfolio. Provides program and project level architectures, including support for data, application and technology architecture.
- Provides data, application and technology deliverables on a program and project level basis including risk and opportunity assessment, modeling and design related products and services.
- Manages the architecture governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Effectively communicates the architecture to all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of seven years of recent and related experience in information systems architecture methodologies.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the following disciplines: enterprise architecture best practices, business architecture, information architecture, application architecture, and integration architecture.
- Experience with architectural abstractions and design patterns.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Master degree preferred.
Additional Job Information
Outstanding oral and written communication skills including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration/influencing.
Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex and often contentious issues, and reach consensus and work through people to achieve key goals.
Percent of Travel Required
10 - 25%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.