Under the supervision of the Tomorrow Lab team, interns contribute to our product development process through documentation, research, prototyping, and component sourcing. Interns gain hands-on, real-world experience working with our team on both client-facing and internally-lead projects. Starting as an intern is the easiest way to work towards becoming a Junior or Staff Product Design Engineer at TL. Interns earn a stipend and are required to work 5 days per week onsite at our office.
Internships last 3 or 6 months and generally occur quarterly:
- Spring: April 1 - June 30
- Summer: July 1 - September 30
- Fall: October 1 - December 22
- Winter: January 2 - March 31
Internship applicants should:
- Have a background in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Software Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related technical or design-driven field.
- Be comfortable working on Mac and PC computers and making things by hand.
- Have an understanding of the industrial design process.
- Be able to generate form and function prototypes.
- Possess excellent ideation, sketching and rendering skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to work both independently and on teams.
- Provide a portfolio outlining their work and interests.
Last, but not least:
- Non-US Citizens are welcome to apply and will need to lead their own US Visa application process.
- Applications are due a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of the internship for which you are applying.
- Applicants who do not have a portfolio will not be considered.