Who we are: Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are: You believe in gamechanging innovation and youre excited to reimagine a $700 billion industry. You thrive in a team environment and are hungry for more challenges. You are a problem solver and frequently hug the line between sales and ops.
The role: Loadsmart is hiring a Drayage Carrier Sales Representative to work in our New York office. This position will work closely with the operations team seeking new carrier relationships through cold calling and nurturing existing relationships.
- Establish relationships with new and existing drayage/intermodal motor carriers
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (owner ops, dispatchers)
- Maintain constant contact with new carriers to understand trucking companys capabilities and manage existing business arrangements
- Negotiate fair rates and ensure loads are serviced on time
- Educate and train new carriers on our technology platform
- Create solutions to operational problems
- Serve as a partner to our operations and sales teams, anticipating challenges and presenting solutions to support business objectives
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Provide carrier feedback to our engineering team to continuously improve our core technology for sourcing capacity and meet the needs of carriers and customers
- 1+ year in carrier sales or operations role specific to drayage or ocean freight
- Able to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills while staying detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of partners
- Identify and resolve problems in a collaborative manner and offer solutions to clients
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
More Jobs From