Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an uncommonly talented Interactive Copywriter to join our growing creative team. In this role, youll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to lifecreating strategic, boundary-pushing work for our marketing website, email campaigns and other interactive spaces. You can write thumb-stopping headlines and boil complex ideas down to simple, clear body copy that gets the idea across without ever going on too long. Youll have excellent communication skills and youll collaborate with marketing directors, art directors, project managers and developers on a daily basis. Lastly (but most importantly), you speak internet. When theres a new trend, app or meme, youre always the first to know.
What youll do:
- Evolve and elevate our brand across Starrys marketing website, focusing on both web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with art directors, designers, engineers, developers and product managers to support our Brand, Product and Marketing Growth teams
- Create information architecture, page narratives and UX flows and write copy for new and updated pages for our site as well as other digital initiatives
- Concept and write innovative, engaging and interesting ads, marketing emails, content and other online communications
- Produce and share multiple concepts for each project and provide strong recommendations
- Balance innovative, interesting and creatively daring digital concepts with clear, simple copy and digital best practices
- Write and iterate on our SEO copy, including display ads, landing pages and other digital outlets
- Keep up to date on branding, marketing, advertising and digital trends
- Present and defend your work to colleagues, listen to feedback and continue pushing to ensure the work just keeps getting better.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years experiencing writing for the web and other platforms at an agency or other creative/marketing studio
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates systematic thinking, sophisticated attention to detail and deep understanding of how to write for the web
- Youre focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the consumer experience better by initiating feedback, assessing data, and designing options for A/B tests
- You have a basic understanding of front-end development, mobile best practices and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Youre self motivated and a great communicator. You enjoy collaborating, whether its hashing out briefs brainstorming initial design concepts or troubleshooting throughout the development process to find the best solution to any problem
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage, free gym, private shower facilities, coffee shop, smoothie bar, and cafeteria in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.