Interactive Art Director
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are looking for an incredibly talented Interactive Art Director to join our growing creative team. In this role, youll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to lifecreating strategic, boundary-pushing work for our marketing website for both desktop and mobile. Youll enjoy getting to the heart of complex problems and translating them into dead simple, engaging interactive experiencescoming up with multiple concepts and using your technical chops to pull them off. Youll have excellent communication skills and youll collaborate with marketing directors, copywriters, project managers, and developers on a daily basis. Lastly (but most importantly), you speak internet. When theres a new design trend, app or meme, youre always the first to know.
What youll do:
- Evolve and elevate our brand across Starrys marketing website, focusing on both web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with other designers, copywriters, engineers, developers and product managers to support our Brand and Marketing Growth teams
- Create narratives and UX flows, wire-frame and present concepts, design comps and production ready assets, and work with developers to oversee the pixel-perfect production of your work
- Produce and share multiple concepts/designs for each project and provide strong recommendations based upon data and best practices
- Think strategically about digital communication, including user experience, interaction design and information architecture and explore new, innovative interactive approaches to tell our brands story
- Keep up to date on branding, marketing, advertising, and digital trends
- Partner with other brand and product designers to unite the visual brand guidelines and create consistency across platforms
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of visual design and interaction design experience
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates systematic thinking, sophisticated attention to detail, and deep understanding of web & mobile design trends
- Youre focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the consumer experience better by initiating feedback, assessing data, and designing options for A/B tests
- You have a basic understanding of front-end development and mobile best practices
- Youre self motivated and a great communicator. You enjoy collaborating, whether its hashing out briefs brainstorming initial design concepts or troubleshooting throughout the development process to find the best solution to any problem
- Youre an expert when it comes to using the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch and familiar with prototyping tools like Invision or Framer
- Experience working at product / software companies (nice to have)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage, free gym, private shower facilities, coffee shop, smoothie bar, and cafeteria in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.