Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Professional Services team to drive implementations for our rapidly expanding customer base. Implementation Consultants work with our customers, from small Biotech startups to the largest BioPharmas in the world to develop a deep understanding of their R&D Processes and implement Benchling solutions to meet their needs.
You will leverage your scientific background, project management skills, and product expertise to support successful implementations of the Benchling platform. Implementation Consultants work independently, as well as part of an implementation team who is responsible for all aspects of customer rollouts from requirements analysis and solution design, to configurations, testing, training, and onboarding users onto the system. You will work hand in hand with the research scientists at our customers, and teams throughout Benchling to implement our solutions, and ensure our customers are successful.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Support Benchling implementations leveraging strong project management skills, scientific expertise, and product knowledge. Own workstreams within large implementations, and lead smaller projects end to end.
- Work as part of an implementation team, owning project activities and deliverables for multiple concurrent implementations.
- Participate in requirements and design workshops, perform data modeling & application configuration, develop test plans and guide UAT execution, onboard and train users.
- Understand and document customers' scientific workflows to determine how Benchling can best meet their key business needs.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers, guiding them through the implementation ensuring they leverage and apply Benchling Best Practices.
- Understand and document customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral.
- BA/BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You must be able to empathize with scientists and quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- At least 1 year of prior Software Implementation or Client Services experience, preferably with a SaaS software company.
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly and effectively connect with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, IT project leads, and executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to be successful in a startup environment.
- Curious, creative, and tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers and other Benchling teammates as a thought partner.
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on customer and project needs.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.