HR Business Partner: Customers Org
Who We Are
Twitter…the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading.
We currently have an opening for a Human Resource Business Partner in our New York office. You will lead the talent strategy for several teams within our Sales and Partnership (Customers) Team within Twitter. This will require you to think strategically about complex people topics that need savvy approaches and roll-up your sleeves to get the work done well. You’ll partner closely across HR team members to understand what already exists for you to use and what you can create based on local or functional needs.
Success in this role looks like this: You will develop, iterate and execute a people strategy with your client groups - one which is connected to company, business and HR team objectives. In partnership with the broader HR & Recruiting team to identify needs and use existing resources in creative ways. You will be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, fearless enough to get operational items resolved, and savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment. You will help to elevate management and leadership capacity by truly understanding needs and perspectives. You will build strong, respectful relationships and overcome obstacles with fortitude. You will influence the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate Twitter’s employment brand and distinct culture.
What You’ll Do
Overall, you will play a key role in helping to shape and drive the talent agenda supporting business goals for parts of our Customers Organization. Specifically, you will work closely with leaders, teams and global HR colleagues to identify people opportunities, strategies and solutions to challenges within the business such as:
- Coaching and advising on a variety of components impacting employee experience: employee relations concerns, first tier investigations, performance management, rewards and recognition, leaves of absence, local labor laws, global mobility, compensation and benefits;
- Creating and executing initiatives to drive extraordinary individual and team performance, including integration efforts for newly acquired individuals and companies into Twitter;
- Driving executional excellence and change management to broad based initiatives including talent reviews, inclusion and diversity, workforce planning, talent analytics, and overall process improvements in service to a positive employee experience;
- Analyzing people data and trends to identify talent retention solutions in partnership with HR colleagues from Intersectionality, Culture and Diversity (ICD team), Talent Acquisition, People Systems and Analytics, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Legal, Learning and Development and our global HR teams in EMEA, LatAm and APAC;
- Employing operational discipline partnering with People Services and Total Rewards to ensure accuracy in organizational hierarchy, pay, titling, and leveling.
- Up to 30% domestic travel may be necessary.
Who You Are
- You know your stuff – you are an experienced HR professional who can drive talent programs, handle people dynamics and advise on HR policies; but more importantly, you know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
- You love business, especially technology, and are interested in how businesses drive revenue, navigate challenges and the role talent plays in keeping a competitive edge
- Keeping status quo is your worst nightmare; you are motivated by complexity and are not afraid to challenge the way things have been done
- You are a high energy person and like fast paced, dynamic environments that evolve before they have to
- You are high-reaching and like to win - together. You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and can make sound decisions in complex situations
- You have a high learning agility and understand people dynamics, new business models and talent processes
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Experience partnering with Revenue Teams
- Experience working in a faced paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired
- Consulting background preferred, particularly experience in the areas of HR program delivery and creation
- Experience partnering with a global HR team
- A solid track record of influencing senior business leaders while demonstrating excellent decision quality
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- 5+ years as an HR business partner
- BA/BS in business administration, psychology or other related discipline
- PHR preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.