Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each persons perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe its important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity
The Head of Treasury will be responsible for managing Better's liquidity and investments and optimizing their risk/return profile. This candidate will also be responsible for monitoring, modeling and reporting on the safety and soundness of Betters treasury operations. In addition, this role is responsible for the regulatory compliance and control environment for the Treasury function.The Head of Treasury will perform all responsibilities in accordance with Betters Competencies, compliance, and regulatory requirements. This position requires someone highly collaborative and able to assess situations and deal with them rationally.
- Manage treasury staff including employee relations, performance, time and attendance, workflow management, retention and development. Maintain responsiveness and coordinate appropriate communications when issues arise.
- Ensure the treasury department is fully compliant with US regulations, Legal requirements, and Compliance and Tax policies.
- Plan and lead the execution of cash management strategies and related hedging strategies within Better's stated risk limits.
- Plan and lead the execution of trading strategies for mortgage markets and support cash impacts of hedging activities.
- Lead liquidity and investment management strategies, delivering superior performance for Better.
- Interpret financial data relative to current financial developments/trends, organizational financial policies/plans and significant organization developments, as they relate to multi-year margin, return and reserve needs.
- Stay abreast of technological, regulatory or legal developments affecting operations and communicate accordingly.
- Build processes and implement systems aimed at optimizing efficiency, reporting and control of the Treasury function.
- 12+ years experience in mortgage industry treasury leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of financial products: Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Swaps, Equity Options, Listed Futures, Mortgage Backed Securities, Money Market (CPs, CDs, Time Deposits) and FX Contracts
- Collaborative and communication skills
- Able to multitask different responsibilities and function in a team environment
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in project management skills including system migration and new product implementation
- Proven experience developing and coaching others indirectly or directly
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.